• Page:

TOPIC: Bedtime Stories

Re: Bedtime Stories 6 years 7 months ago #23547

i always read to my son at bedtime.... he's a massive Thomas tank fan at the moment....

We always have 5 books to start with.... if he misbehaves or not done some thing he has been asked to do i take a book of him, so its in his interest to be good and do as he is told ;-) seems to work.

I also do made up storys where he is the main person and his friends/auties/uncles/grandma's/grandads are in it ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Bedtime Stories 6 years 7 months ago #23571

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1608
That's a brilliant idea for managing behaviour - he doesn't lose the treat altogether, just the choice available.

Re: Bedtime Stories 6 years 7 months ago #23582

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1581
When my grandson stays over with me a bedtime story is compulsory!!. Like you joe11 I love to "ad lib" and make up stories that incorporate stuff that is relevant to him, or involves something he has a particular interest in. The main character is always him and he has a side kick called Cheeky Monkey who gets up to allsorts of mischief! :)

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: Bedtime Stories 6 years 7 months ago #23669

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1608

Nannyjane wrote: When my grandson stays over with me a bedtime story is compulsory!!. Like you joe11 I love to "ad lib" and make up stories that incorporate stuff that is relevant to him, or involves something he has a particular interest in. The main character is always him and he has a side kick called Cheeky Monkey who gets up to allsorts of mischief! :)

Why is my daughter a sidekick to your grandson? :D

Bedtime Stories 5 years 6 months ago #40041

when i read storys i change the names to people we know ;-) great way to add extra smiles to any story

Bedtime Stories 2 years 5 months ago #82268

Shameless plug No. 3,579:

• Page: