Dad Life Coaching
We’re excited to be launching Dad Life Coaching to you. Coaching can help you get on in life; whether it’s a challenge you want to overcome, a goal you want to achieve or maybe you’re just fed up with feeling the way you do and want some help in turning that around. No matter how big or small, if there’s something in your life that’s holding you back or something you want to explore more, coaching can help you do that.
Exclusive launch offer:
Opportunity to receive 3 FREE LIFE COACHING SESSIONS worth up to £250*
WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching is the opportunity to be heard, listened to and supported in areas of life where you may be struggling or want to make changes. It is different to getting advice or hearing about others’ experiences because it recognises that the person who knows you best is you.
Sometimes it’s beneficial for you to be able to come up with the right way forward without the influence of others. A coach will facilitate that process for you and will be qualified and experienced in working with you to establish areas to explore which may be affecting you, holding you back or identifying things you haven’t even noticed or realised before.
It’s perfectly normal to feel a bit apprehensive when considering opening up to a stranger, but others have said how this can often feel easier than trying to share your situation with someone close to you. Remember that this is a confidential setting in which you won’t be judged. See it as having someone working alongside you to overcome or achieve something personal to you.
WHY GET COACHING?
Some reasons dads get a coach include:
Resolving relationship difficulties – whether that's your relationship with your partner, your children, or wider family, coaching can help you rebuild communication breakdowns and build healthier relationships.
Rebuilding your life as a single parent – get some help to rediscover what’s important to you, overcome loneliness or get back out there living your life. Coaching can help you work out a way forward to get back to a state you are happy in.
Mental and emotional health – if you find yourself feeling like you’re too stressed, easily angered, unnecessarily anxious or fed up of feeling low, it’s worth considering coaching to see what’s triggering it and why. Although it’s important for us to feel a range of emotions, if they are out of balance there will be things that you can do to redress that.
Achieving a goal – perhaps you’ve always wanted to set up your own business but need that support to take the leap, or maybe you’re fed up of trying to lose weight and not getting anywhere. Starting out with a coach will help provide you with the support which often increases your chances of success.
But this list is by no means exhaustive. You are welcome to discuss anything in your coaching session that you feel could benefit from some attention on it.
HOW DO I GET THE FREE COACHING SESSIONS?
We have partnered with coaches from the Animas school of transformational coaching. These qualified coaches have kindly volunteered their own time to help DAD.info users who would like to receive some coaching and experience the benefits. As you can imagine, they only have a limited amount of space so please be aware that our coaches may not be able to accommodate everyone who applies, or there may be a waiting period. If a coach does not feel they are best placed to help you, they will let you know and do their best to suggest alternatives. Get started by having a look at our coaches profiles below and contacting the person who you feel suits you best. We'd love to hear how you get on!
Where does coaching take place?
Coaching can either take place face-to-face, over the phone or video call (e.g. Skype). You and your coach can decide what suits you both best. Typically you will have one session a week or fortnight – you can decide this with your coach.
What happens in a typical coaching session?
A session will typically last 45-60 minutes. Usually you will come to the session with a topic you want to talk about and you and the coach will work together to unpick that topic. It could be something you’re struggling with, something you want to achieve or even just a feeling that you want to explore. The session may well flow into other subject areas but you don’t have to talk about anything you don’t feel comfortable with. They may identify patterns, beliefs and/or behaviours which could be holding you back which you can then work through and establish solutions for. They are also trained in various psychological models which can help support the process.
How do I choose a coach?
A coach doesn’t have to be an expert in you or your life, their expertise lies in listening, observing and questioning to help you gain a greater insight into what is going on for you and options that exist to help you. The best thing to do is have an initial chat with the coach you have identified and see how you get on. You are under no obligation to continue with that relationship. In the spirit of being open and honest with one another, you can always tell them how you feel it is going and if you're unsure if it will work, so they can understand why and help address or alleviate any concerns.
What’s the difference between coaching and counselling?
Coaching tends to focus on where you are now and how you want to move forward. You may make reference to situations in the past which may have influenced where you are now but the aim will be to focus on what you can do now. Whereas counselling can often dig into your past and work through things that requires a more intensive approach with specific psychology and therapy training. If your coach feels that it may be useful for you to see a counsellor or therapist they will suggest it to you. All our coaches are qualified in Transformational Coaching, which is a face-to-face diploma involving significant theory and practise and is accredited by the ICF (International Coaching Federation).
- Free coaching sessions are limited and subject to availability. If oversubscribed, there may be a waiting period. The offer may be withdrawn or amended at any point.
- The coach is free to decide whether they would be a suitable match for your requirements and if not, is not obliged to carry out or continue coaching. This can be before starting the coaching sessions or during the coaching sessions. Equally, you are free to stop your coaching sessions at any point.
- Each coach has their own way of coaching and will discuss this with you before your sessions commence, to ensure you are mutually agreed on the guidelines and boundaries.
- Your 3 coaching sessions must take place within a 6 week period of time. Should you then wish to continue with additional coaching sessions, this is something you would discuss and agree directly with your coach.
- The financial value of 'up to £250' is based on the coaching fees of those coaches involved.
- The coaches are not affiliated with us in any way and we are not responsible or liable for the coaching service that subsequently takes place between you and the coach.
- There is no cash alternative if you do not complete the three free sessions. We are not liable for any cancellations or missed sessions, whether that be deemed the fault of the coach or client.
- DAD.info will not have access to any details from your communication with the life coaches other than your initial enquiry form submission.
- By submitting the enquiry form, you give consent for your name, contact number and email address to be passed to the coach you have approached. This will be used for the sole purpose of contacting you regarding the coaching. We will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*
*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.