Keep your Wallet as Fat as the Goose this Christmas
Keep your wallet as fat as the goose this Christmas with our money saving present ideas
Christmas is fast approaching; the geese are getting fat... our thoughts turn to presents... Arrrgghh where to begin??!
As we all know Christmas can be hard on a tight budget and trying to find the right gift can be a headache and a large expense.
Hampers are a good way of tailoring the gift to the individual without breaking the bank. Especially if you plan them around supermarket BOGOF ( buy one get one free) offers, you get two presents for the price of one.
We have put together some ideas below - but you can be as creative as you like!! Share your ideas with us via the forum.
- A selection of speciality coffees with a personal coffee cup
- Teacup with a selection of herbal teas for the hippy chick
- A selection of special sparkling ciders (try saying that after a couple)
- Basket filled with deli cheese and homemade chutney for uncle Dave
- Homemade bread in a pretty basket filled with special jams - ideal for Gran
- An assortment of chocolate bars tied with a ribbon for the chocoholic
- Packets of muffin mixes with chocolate chips and a muffin baking tray
- A basket filled with a bottle of wine and glasses for the connoisseur
- Deck of cards and magic book to keep the family entertained on Boxing day
- Gel pens and pretty stationery
- Decorative napkins and napkin rings
- Decorative glass filled with sweets
- Nail manicure set
- Pretty box for keepsakes
- Special soaps
- Make up gift set
- Car polishing set for dad
- Herbs and Spices for the master chef
- Homemade sauces and chutneys
- Pepper mill and fresh peppercorns or - not for the faint hearted, you could include some hot chilli oils!
It you are a little artier, try something more creative. Be careful though, because if you’re no Van Gogh or Jamie Oliver it could go horribly wrong and turn into a primary school project!
- Craft supplies
- Photo album, hand decorated is even better
- Favourite quote embroidered on a nice handkerchief
- Baking cookies
- Picture frames with that favourite photo
- Make your own Christmas tipple - Wines, Beers or Cider
If none of the above hit the spot don’t forget there are always the good old vouchers, this time with a twist
- Cinema and theatre vouchers
- Magazine subscription
- Family Vouchers - for example you could design and make a voucher exchangable for babysitting, dog walking, gardening
- i-tunes Voucher
- High street store vouchers
As a charity, it takes a lot of effort to keep DAD.info up-to-date and relevant.If you feel that we've helped you in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 70070*
*Your donation via text may be eligible for Gift Aid. You may be contacted on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page to submit your details, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider when visiting that page. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred.