Dad dot info form. Ask questions, get answers
Clear all

Ex won't leave home

Eminent Member Registered

Hi so me and my ex are separated were both divorced. I will be applying for a financial settlement on the family home which has a joint mortgage we have one child between us.
So my question is she's pregnant with someone else's child
Can I still force her to sell the home even though it's not my child I know she's applied for universal credit most likely trying to get a council home. What's the courts views on this type of matter?

Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2021 7:11 pm
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure on the answer to this - what are the living arrangements at the moment with respect to your child?

Posted : 15/02/2021 1:57 pm
Famed Member

The court would need to make a decision, it's not something you can force yourself.

When you have financial proceedings, the court will work hard to get you to agree & the judge will tell you what they would be likely to order if the decision is left to them. If you still can't agree, the matter gets passed to another judge for a decision & their decision could be different to the first.

You will both have to make full financial disclosure to the court and this will have a bearing on the courts position.

Posted : 17/02/2021 1:13 pm

Pin It on Pinterest