Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] Advice Please.

New Member Registered

I am a father to a 18 month old boy, I have not been allowed to see my son since i got a new partner and have not been allowed access in 4 months now, not even so much as a picture of my son.

I have an ongoing court case for harassment against my ex (mum) which goes to court on the first of march. I attended mediation and my ex did not turn up, so they gave me the form to take her to court recently.

Social services are currently visiting her because when she was arrested for the harassment charge they found a bong, open vodka bottles and a started knife in reach of my sons high chair. My ex streams online on an app called Meetme yesterday I watched her stream and she was smoking the bong with her boyfriend in the living room while my son was in a travel cot in the hallway of the one bed flat. I took video evidence of her smoking it with a date etc, what should i do with it next? My next social meeting is 2 weeks away but i dont want to leave it 2 weeks.
Can anyone advise me on what to do please.

Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2019 11:23 pm
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi there

I think you should contact the social worker that is in charge of your sons case and explain the footage that you have, as it was being streamed online and accessible to the generally public, I can’t see that you have done anything wrong by recording it.

I know it a safeguarding issue, but it might not be enough to make an urgent application for your son to be placed with you, it’s something that you should speak to the social worker about though... if they will support your son living with you, then it might be a good idea to make an urgent application to family court for that to happen.

All the best.

Posted : 15/01/2019 1:03 am
Solly123 and Solly123 reacted
Illustrious Member

I agree with mojo, the recording is not covert in any way, and if it's in the public domain, then you haven't done anything wrong in accessing it.

Posted : 17/01/2019 12:51 am

Pin It on Pinterest