Dad dot info form. Ask questions, get answers
Clear all

[Solved] Always an excuse to prevent me to see the kids

New Member Registered

After been married 15 years, I left my home. Wife crazy, jealous, even thinking she has a serious personal disorder. I have 3 kids, 12, 10 and 2. Since 4 months I left, been trying to follow the process being extremely reasonable. Mediation etc.. but every day there is a change in mind, a word she does not like, basically an excuse to delay and delay the process. Sadly the kids are not spare and aware of all event happening blaming me for everything when in fact it is the mum who is unreasonable but young kids cannot understand.
till now I have managed to see them for few hours, trying to enjoy time but each time they brought topic and my words are deformed and once back home there is a back fire and it gets worth.
we reach today a point where mediation may not work and likely to fold, Money is going lower to a point I fear very soon, I will be dried
As much as I try to text my kids to tell them I love them, I am blocked from seeing my daughter of 2 years which I miss and probably is missing me.

I can force a court order on children matter which is likely to take the time it takes, but doing this will be taken by my wife as another attack on her. It may looks stupid to write that as from the above looks like I am heading to war anyway, but I still believe and try to make this mediation working hoping we can avoid going to court.
Obviously any fail attempt make time to pass and I start feeling that I am losing them all.

any similar experience and advise to share?

Topic starter Posted : 06/07/2017 4:56 pm
Reputable Member Registered

"I can force a court order on children matter which is likely to take the time it takes, but doing this will be taken by my wife as another attack on her"

You're looking at this wrong. Every time your partner denies contact and makes excuses she is harming your relationship with your children and hurting everyone involved. My honest advice is to come to an agreement at mediation and if that isn't possible or if it fails somewhere down the line then get to court as quickly as possible. Your kids deserve a father, to have you in their lives. If going to court is what it takes to allow them that opportunity then, scary as it may seem, go to court.

With a court order in place, any breach of that order would hopefully be reviewed by the courts and things would turn in your favour. Without the court order, as many here have experienced, your ex can do what she wants and nobody can stop her.

Posted : 06/07/2017 6:26 pm
Mike2017 liked
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
I think by the sounds of things you will need to attend court to try and get this resolved.
If your ex is stalling and making things difficult then it will be the only way to get things sorted.

Posted : 07/07/2017 12:55 am
Mike2017 liked
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi ere

If money is tight, you might like to think. About representing yourself without a solicitor, many dads here have done this with much success and we would do all we can to advise and support you through it.

If mediation has failed, the first step is to get the mediator to sign the C100 form which you will then complete and submit to the court. There's a court fee of £215 to make the application, but if you're on a low income or receiving any benefits, you may be entitled to some help with this, to apply you will also need form EX160a.

All the best

Posted : 07/07/2017 6:11 pm

Pin It on Pinterest