Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Living Arrangements...
Clear all

[Solved] Living Arrangements When With Me

New Member Registered

Hi, i really need some advice please. My partner and i have split up and i’m currently living with my parents again. For the last few months when i have my son overnight my dad is having to sleep on the sofa downstairs and my mum in a mould ridden box room so i can sleep with my baby boy in their bed. It’s got to the point where my parents can’t keep doing this as they’re close to retirement age. I’m not in a financial situation where i’m able to move out just yet. I’ve offered to have my baby through the week (missing out on work) and have him of a weekend. My ex partner refuses to acknowledge this and is now threatening court action because she wants rid of him overnight. Any advice would be truly appreciated on what, if any guidelines exist on this. My biggest priority is obviously moving out into my own place.

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2018 4:52 pm
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
You would need to try and come to an agreement through mediation before you could attend court, as mediation is now required before the judge will hear any case, so if she is saying she will go to court then she would need to do this first.
If you are not set up to enable over night contact then I can't see a judge would even consider trying to place this into an order.

Posted : 05/04/2018 12:39 am
Illustrious Member

When you say your ex wants rid of your son overnight - does this mean that she wants you to have residence? If so, I would approach the council to see if you can get yourself on the list for a council property. Having a dependant child would give you increased priority, though your parents may have to make you homeless to increase the urgency.

Posted : 05/04/2018 3:51 am

Pin It on Pinterest