Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] Missed contact

New Member Registered

I'm sorry I'm very new to this but how many visits missed would the court consider to be enough before you can submit a child a enforcement order. My Ex didn't give give an explanation as to why she didn't make my son available to me. She has parental responsibility for my son as do I. Equally she has just as much responsibility to contact me in between the two week visits so the onus is not solely one me. She won't answer the phone and emails are unreliable. What do you advise?

Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2018 9:37 pm
Illustrious Member

I don't think there are hard and fast rules. Missing one certainly isn't something to go back for, but if she's missed a couple, and you can't have any communication with her to find out why, and to clarify if the next will go ahead, then perhaps a written letter to her explaining that if contact doesn't go ahead again, and you don't hear from her with a reasonable explanation, then you will go back to court for enforcement.

Posted : 16/09/2018 1:30 am
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi there

As actd has advised, a formal letter to remind her that she is in breach of the order, that lack of communication about this matter is compounding the issues and if it continues you will have no choice but to make an urgent application for enforcement of the existing order.

If it's only been a matter of weeks since the final order was made, and she ignores your letter, you could write/email the court, making it for the urgent attention of the judge that made the final order, asking if the case may be restored for new directions, and explain that contact and communication has broken down. They may restore, or they may advise you to make a new application.

If it's been a few months,just make a new application.

All the best

Posted : 16/09/2018 3:53 pm

Pin It on Pinterest