Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Right to know where...
Clear all

[Solved] Right to know where my children live?

New Member Registered

I am currently in court again as my expartner breeched our child arrangement order, when i filed an application to enforce the order, she then 5 months later hired a solicitor and filed a domestic violence order against me - to delay my application of course. I have jumped through all hoops, drugs tests, - negative, cafcass - have absoloutley no issues with me, supervised contact - reports excellent, now i pick them up from their home every fortnight for 2 hours till our final hearing.

Ex has now moved, and is asking i pick them up from a park, am i entitled to know where my children are living?

Topic starter Posted : 08/08/2020 9:48 pm
Estimable Member Registered

Hi Reni,

Yes you are entitled to know where your children lives so long as there is no safe guarding concerns. You have already pointed out domestic abuse allegations so its unlikely the court will give you the address for now. You will have to wait until you are fully cleared of these allegations from the court and at that point you can submit an application to the court to disclose your children's address, it does come with a cost though.

The real question is: Why do you need the address? You are in contact with your ex/solicitors, you are seeing your kids although not in the capacity you would like and you are already in the court process, so what is the real reason you want the address? I ask because I was in exactly the same position as you and I was so focused on getting the address only to later realise what was the point as I couldn't go to the address anyway or send anything there via post and if you attempt to do so you could potentially be digging yourself a much bigger hole then you are in now.

Better to leave things as they are now and focus on the court process and getting the end results that your kids deserves.

But if you are adamant and want her address you can use private investigative services online which the bailiffs use to trace people who owe money, there are many different companies that will do this trace for ordinary members of the public, by the way it is totally legal as long as you do not have a court order preventing you from having contact with your ex as the company will certainly make you sign a disclaimer confirming this. This service is not cheap either.

Posted : 09/08/2020 2:49 am

Pin It on Pinterest