Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] Cant contact my son

Active Member Registered

Hi, I am Miguel and I am new here!
I would like to know from where should I start to try to contact my son who is living in Glasgow,
since my ex partner moved there over a year ago I had no contact with my son at all, she s abducting my son without any reason. I am from Derby (east Midlands) and I have no clues from where to start as I am not very capable financial to hire a Solicitor.

Topic starter Posted : 17/01/2019 4:52 am
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Miguel

Do you have an address where they moved to? Without that you would not be able to make a court application.

The family law in Scotland is a different process to here in England, it might be a good idea if you contact the Scottish Children’s Legal Centre and ask how you go about contact with your son. Here’s a link to their website, they have a helpline telephone number that you can call

It might also be helpful for you to speak to Families Need Fathers, they have branches in Scotland and you could also call and ask for more advice. Here’s a link to their website where you’ll find details of meetings in Scotland, with contact numbers of the organisers. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page for the section for Scotland.

Best of luck

Posted : 17/01/2019 1:56 pm

Pin It on Pinterest