Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
My ex has redacted ...
Clear all

[Solved] My ex has redacted permission.

New Member Registered

Good Afternoon. Any help/ advice appreciated on this one.

My son was placed on a Child Protection Plan whilst in the care of his mum.

As a result my son came to live with myself, we submitted an application to change him schools after speaking with his mum and receiving permission to do so. As stated in the In year common transfer form for parents who share parental responsibility.

His then retracted her consent and informed His current school and social services of her withdrawal of consent.


School and social services had clearly stated the would advise against moving him schools in previous meetings through the child protection plan. This was due to it affecting contact with his mother, and that social services stated that due to the breakdown of her relationship they wouldn’t have concerns with him returning to his mothers care and that his residential status with myself only had to be temporary.


I spoke with Citizens advice in regards and was advised that due to no residency order being in force at present that without her permission to move Lucas school it was unlikely to be accepted due to all the circumstances set out above.

His mum had also demanded that he be returned to her residence in light of the change of circumstance and knowledge that we had submitted an application to move him schools.

His mum has previously stopped contact with myself for her own personal reasons.


I have spoken to the social worker involved in this case and she is now saying that I have returned him willingly despite my efforts to explain I have no way of getting him to the old school.

Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2020 9:12 pm
Illustrious Member


really without a court order, your ex can do whatever she likes. school/social services would like both parents to agree on school moves etc. but if one parent disagrees, they can just do things their own way. a court order would decide residency of the child, and school issues. so perhaps that's something you could look into.

Posted : 17/06/2020 12:28 am
Prominent Member Registered

I would say you would like to still have residency , but however he would have to go to old school especially if this is the advise from social services and mums view. although you have temporary residence, your ex would have one [censored] of a fight in family court if she wanted residency. although social services have no concerns currently they wasn't suggesting you hand son back into her care full time either. all you got to do is say you would like residency , but make sure she has very good contact herself and co-parent and that should hopefully avoid future complications.

Posted : 17/06/2020 2:31 am

Pin It on Pinterest