Dad dot info form. Ask questions, get answers
Clear all

[Solved] Advise and help

New Member Registered

Hi, this is my first post here and if its in the wrong category then i apologise

My son is 2 years old and i hadnt seen him until about 7 months ago because my ex wouldnt let me see him, so i went through the courts and they gave me contact in a contact centre, went there for 4/5 months and at the final court hearing they granted me access outside the centre so i would see him every week (saturday) ive had my son for the previous 2 saturday.. we meet in a public place when i collect him and he cried when he leaves her but as soon as she goes and im halfway home he calms down abit, but this evening ive received a text from her saying shes stopping contact because hes 'stressed' and that shes contacted social services and theyve told her not to take him to contact... so now i cant see him? What would my next process have to be? Court or contact cafcass again

Any help or advise would be really grateful.. thank you

Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2015 4:15 am
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
I would contact the judge that made the order and inform them that after just 2 contact sessions your ex has stopped contact and explain what you have here, your ex is expected to promote contact, this doesn't always happen as you have seen. It isn't unusual for children to be upset when they leave mum but as you say after a while they calm down and enjoy thier time. You have been through the contact centre so they would have observed you to see there were no concerns.
Hopefully the judge will contact your ex and remind her of her obligation to promote contact.

Posted : 28/08/2015 12:36 pm

Pin It on Pinterest