Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
living with a partn...
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] living with a partner when it comes to access ?

Noble Member Registered

Hi Kenny,

I've not heard of anyone preventing overnight contact because the non-resident parent lives with a partner, unless this partner poses a risk to the children.

I don't know if it is the same in Scotland or if it is standard practise but with my partner's case, Cafcass asked my permission to safeguard check me. This of course came back clear as I work with children.

Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2014 5:30 pm
Reputable Member Registered

A similar question was asked by my sons ex in court recently.
The ex stated/asked that she had to know the whereabouts of the child when in my sons care.
(He has unsupervised contact) and the ex was firmly told that she didn't need to know as the child
would be in the fathers care.
The ex's barrister even told her so...!!!

From a mums point of view....I would like to know the address in case of an emergency ( my children
were on holiday with their dad when a major trauma happened and I couldn't get hold of them) but
that's just me.

Take care

Posted : 29/08/2014 7:18 pm

how contact centres work

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest