Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
child arrangements ...
Clear all

[Solved] child arrangements order change,

New Member Registered

Hi everyone,

six months ago I got a child arrangements order for my son, to have him 2 nights a week at my house as my ex wouldn't let me have him on my own, all went through fine, at the time me and my ex were getting on so we said we would arrange the two nights our selves, she has now met someone else and isn't always letting me have my son the two nights just one, and its a hassle to get her to give me days, it is never the same each week, which I feel is not settling for my son, every time I ask her about days it ends up with her arguing and her words are 'its up to me when you have him' how do I go about getting the court to amend the order and the court state what days/nights I can have my son on.

Any advice appreciated.


Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2017 1:54 am
Famed Member


From what you have described, the mother is in breach of the court order and you need to make an application to enforce it.

I would start by emailing or texting the mother (don't do it verbally) and remind her there is a court order in place for your son to have a meaningful relationship with his father, point out that she is in breach of this order, that you are asking her to comply with it & if she refuses, you will be left with no other choice than to make a court application to have this order enforced.

If she refuses to comply, you can apply for enforcement using form C79 which costs £215.Attempting mediation is not a requirement for this type of order.

Good luck

Posted : 04/06/2017 11:05 am
Active Member Registered

Maybe you need a professional advice who are knowledgeable in child custody to help you about your right to your child.

Posted : 06/06/2017 11:42 am

Pin It on Pinterest