Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
How to port/transfe...
Clear all

[Solved] How to port/transfer a mobile phone number

Honorable Member Registered

Hi Folks

My elderly father has 2 pay as you go mobile phones - one with Lycamobile and the other with Vodaphone.

He would like his Lycamobile number to be transferred to Vodaphone, so he only has to carry one phone around with him.

Could someone kindly suggest the quickest and easiest way to do this?


Topic starter Posted : 19/01/2018 12:26 am
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
He will need to gain a PAC (port authorisation number) from Lyca mobile and then give that to Vodaphone, the only issue I can see is that if he has had the Vodaphone number for some time they may not accept the PAC, you may need to get a new Vodaphone sim, but once you have the PAC from Lyca, you can contact Vodaphone and ask them.
As both are pay as you go, this won't matter so much with you but just for others reading, here's some extra Info, if you ask your current network for a PAC and you are on a contract or 30 day rolling contract, what you have gained is the authority to move your number, you haven't cancelled the contract. You would need the PAC to be used by the new network to end the contract or the PAC will expire and your contract will continue.

Posted : 19/01/2018 12:58 am
geek84 and geek84 reacted

Pin It on Pinterest