(@actd)
Illustrious Member

A very useful link (thanks to NannyJane) 🙂

www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/keep-up-to-date/when-child-aged-16/child-16.htm

Topic starter Posted : 29/09/2013 11:55 pm
Nannyjane
(@Nannyjane)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thanks actd....this link appears to be broken here, although its still links in the original post!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2013 12:03 am
(@ingleby well)
New Member Registered

Hi does anyone know if child benefit will carry on if my son does a levels & has a job? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2014 10:32 pm
actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

Hi

If he's still in full time non advanced education (ie 12 hours supervised study per week or more), then child benefit is still payable.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/08/2014 10:52 pm
(@ingleby well)
New Member Registered

Thanx, so does this mean I will still pay Csa? Even tho he will be earning a wage? Thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2014 2:04 am
actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

Yes, as long as child benefit is paid, then maintenance is still payable.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/08/2014 11:16 pm
(@Darcus100)
New Member Registered

Hi,

I have a 17 year old son who I am currently paying maintenance for. He has left school and started an apprenticeship. Do I still have to pay or should it now stop?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2015 5:01 pm
Mojo
 Mojo
(@Mojo)

Approved training
Approved training should be unpaid and can include:

Access to Apprenticeships in England
Foundation Apprenticeships or Traineeships in Wales
Employability Fund programmes or Get Ready for Work (if started before 1 April 2013) in Scotland
Training for Success, Pathways to Success or Collaboration and Innovation Programme in Northern Ireland
Courses that are part of a job contract are not approved.

Tell the Child Benefit Office if your child is:

staying in approved training
leaving approved training
Your child must be accepted onto the training before they turn 19.

I have copied and pasted the above from the .gov leaflet which you can find a link to in the first post at the top of the page.

You will have to find out if he is on an approved training apprenticeship which as it says is unpaid.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2015 7:02 pm
(@Darcus100)
New Member Registered

Thanks for the reply.

He is actually being paid about £4 per hour. He is working 4 days per week and college one day a week so I guess it's not an approved scheme. Does this therefore mean that I don't have to pay maintenance?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2015 7:15 pm
actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

It may well still be an approved scheme - I'd speak to the college to see what they say. These days, some college courses include paid apprenticeships, so I'm not sure where they sit in the scheme.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/01/2015 11:04 pm
(@jeustace74)
New Member Registered

Hi my son turns 18 in February he is in college I have paid child support to my ex through an agreement as she claims benefits for him when he turns 18 do I still have to pay her anything as I think she will try to say I have not paid anything even though I pay her at the end of every month and also buy him what ever he needs please help with advice

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2015 12:24 am
Mojo
 Mojo
(@Mojo)

If your son is still in full time non advanced education then your ex is still entitled to maintenance for him. This can continue until he is twenty years old and for as long as the mother is in receipt of child benefit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2015 3:11 am
Page 1 / 10
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest