Free online course for separated parents
Coronavirus and Mai...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Coronavirus and Maintenance payments

(@bazza29)
Active Member Registered

Hi all,

During these hard times, there are numerous amounts of us that are unable to work and do not have savings/holiday or sick pay. How do we stand with the CSA payments that we are unable to pay?

Topic starter Posted : 20/03/2020 4:01 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

i was on the phone to them yesterday but i just didnt bother ask this question. if i was totally broke or lost my job, then i would ask them what can be done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2020 4:07 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

Coronavirus: Government to pay up to 80% of workers' wages

The government will pay the wages of employees unable to work due to the coronavirus pandemic, in a radical move aimed at protecting people's jobs.

It will pay 80% of salary for staff who are kept on by their employer, covering wages of up to £2,500 a month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 1:46 am
(@stepmom)
New Member Registered

So father's who can't see Their children due to mother's keeping them "safe in isolation" for the next three weeks or more - and who also have been stood down from work and received less monthly income.... Do we pay the highest rate according to calculator of "never" seeing child when we work out new monthly payments due to drop in earnings?
Currently on an informal direct pay agreement but amounts are based of the CMS calculator.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 3:13 am
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

if you usually spend nights with kids, i would factor that into the CMS calculator as its only temporary. put down however many nights kids usually spend with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 1:59 pm
(@Key101)
New Member Registered

I have recently been furloughed through my company for 3 months minimum. I am separated and pay child maintenance mutually. Now I can’t meet my outgoings with the government allowance and equally can’t make the usual payment for my child maintenance. What do I do as I have no savings and rent. Even if I pay a proportion based on the government limit which I £400 for 2 children. I still cannot afford to stay where I am. My ex has said I have to still pay but now I risk being homeless. Can she claim this temporarily while I am furloughed to I can keep on top of bills and payment before I can return to work? Thanks all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2020 5:37 pm
actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

I don't think CMS have made any statement on this yet (assuming it is through CMS) - if you are renting yourself, then you can't be evicted - speak to your landlord.

This might help for advice

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/if-you-cant-pay-your-bills-because-of-coronavirus/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2020 5:59 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest