Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Arrangement of payi...
Clear all

Arrangement of paying child maintenance into a childs savings account

Active Member Registered


ive had child contact stopped based on a maniuplated NMO

ive faced false allegations in the family court for the past four years

i eventually got a contact order, they set fire to my car

i go visit my kid, they send people from 150 miles (from where my kid lives) to damage my home, they done that 3 times

i have been paying CMS ever since seperation and i dont even get to see my kid anymore because of the manipulated NMO.

i get threatening phone calls saying i have to stay away from the ex (basically they dont want me to get access to the kid), i report to the police and go through the normal process.

someone told me they know of someone in a similar situation where the mother blocked access to the kid, the father went via a solicitor and managed somehow to get an arrangement to pay into the childs savings account (opened by the father on behalf of the child) and receipts for child costs accounted for... does this seem far fetched to you or is it doable.... i have no idea how to go about that....

any help appreciated pelase.


This topic was modified 3 years ago by Mr_GoldMine
Topic starter Posted : 05/07/2021 10:27 am
Prominent Member Registered


My understanding is that this isn't possible, the CMS needs to be paid to the receiving parent to provide for the upkeep of child. However, the rules are such that the receiving parent can spend the CMS on anything they choose. You would just need to evidence that it has been paid, ideally by bank transfer with a clear reference. 



Posted : 05/07/2021 1:03 pm
Eminent Member Registered

There's only 2 ways of paying CMS - directly to the mother (direct pay), or with the CMS acting as middleman (collect and pay, 20% surcharge). The CMS would only use collect and pay if there is evidence of non payment via direct pay.

The CMS won't take any of the NMO stuff you mentioned into account.

It is likely your friend had a private arrangement outside the CMS which is how they could pay into a savings account. The only way to make a private arrangement is with the mother's agreement, who would then in turn close her claim with the CMS.

I find it unlikely given what you've written that the mother would agree to this.

Posted : 08/07/2021 11:02 pm
Mr_GoldMine reacted

Pin It on Pinterest