Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

Investigating a claim

Active Member Registered

Hello, my child turns 18 in October but I have had no contact with him or his mother for around 15 years now. 

My annual review is on the 16th of June, my account says I have nothing to pay for my current case but I am paying back arrears from when I lost my job due to COVID (I totally understand these payments).

My question is, I really don't think my son is in approved full time education apart from maybe an extra year at school they have to do now. 

Do the CMS investigate these sorts of things? Can I request an investigation in to this? Maybe not through the CSA but another part of the Government?

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2022 10:18 pm
Illustrious Member


I think if you contact CMS, they will likely ask other parent what child is doing. also you can ask them can they check if child benefit case is still active.

Posted : 13/06/2022 12:02 pm

Pin It on Pinterest