Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Paying for child th...
Clear all

Paying for child that is not mine

New Member Registered

Hi I have a big question about child maintenance I was with my ex for 4 year we had 2 children and my ex had a child to another man so I took her on as my own, we then split after 4 years and I starting paying child maintenance for the 3 children and one was not biologically mine I have been paying for 2 years now and worked out it's over £770 I have payed for child that is not mine. I'm going ahead with the DNA test for £239 but I also want to know if I can claim the £770 back I have payed over 2 years if so would these need to be done through the courts?

Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2023 7:06 pm
Illustrious Member


I Don't  think you would be able to claim the amount back as you voluntarily paid for the child and you knew was not biologically yours.

Posted : 02/02/2023 1:23 pm

Pin It on Pinterest