Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

Annulment advice

Estimable Member Registered

I'm asking for a family freind. In a short marriage of 3 months if getting a annulment can the wife claim a share of the man's assets if he already bought the house 5 years before marriage in his sole name? There are no kids and she never contributed anything towards the bills etc in the house.

Topic starter Posted : 07/04/2021 12:31 am
Illustrious Member

I think he should seek professional legal advice on this one. As far as I am aware, there are only very limited circumstances in which he can go for an annulment instead of of a divorce, but if he can, then the effect of an annulment is that the marriage never happened, In those circumstances, I can't imagine she'd have any claim over his assets, but as I said, he definitely needs professional legal advice as there is obviously quite a lot at stake if he doesn't have the correct information.

Posted : 07/04/2021 8:15 am

Pin It on Pinterest