Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all


Eminent Member Registered

Hi all, 

just filled in a form on “entitled too” and had a query

i have 2 young girls that stay with me 2 nights a week but the mums are the primary carers etc and are the ones who get the child benefits etc… 

it suggested I had to tick no on the children living with me section which meant I’m not entitled to anything, 

Whereas when I ticked yes to having kids it said I was entitled to something like £800 plus. 

was just wondering if anyone had experienced this? My overtime has been cut and my rent has gone up which is going to leave me very short

so thought I would see if I can get any help. 

Thanks all

Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2023 3:18 pm
Illustrious Member


are you paying child maintenance through CMS, and are they giving you a reduction in payments because kids stay 2 nights a week with you? also are they taking your pension contributions into account if your paying into one?

unfortunately the system is set in a way that the parent that receives child benefit is deemed to be the primary carer, and not much support out there for non resident parents. you could also check with your local council if there is any support schemes available, such as council tax support, or a residents household support fund.

Posted : 26/06/2023 10:45 pm

Pin It on Pinterest