Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Claim against an es...
Clear all

Claim against an estate

Active Member Registered

I find myself in an unfortunate situation, my Father passed quite suddenly without leaving a will, so the estate is left in intestate.

I have declined the inheritance and redirected this to someone else to be held in trust for my children. However there was an amount of money held by my father to help me escape the abusive relationship I'm in. All beneficiaries are happy that the money belongs to me. Can this be redirected in a similar manner? or added to the inheritance to be declined?

The contact at the company dealing with the probate was helpful until I asked this question.? They even opened my eyes to the attempt my wife made to gain power of attourney over my finances.

Topic starter Posted : 23/11/2022 11:18 pm
Illustrious Member


I would suggest to seek legal advice from other specialists that deal with inheritance/trust issues. many offer free consultations.

Posted : 24/11/2022 1:10 pm
Illustrious Member

Just a thought - can you put it into a pension with and nominate your children as beneficiaries? As above, you'd need to take professional financial and legal advice on this.

Posted : 29/11/2022 9:41 pm

Pin It on Pinterest