Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all


New Member Registered

Hi i don't know if this has been covered before, i have sole custody of my two daughters with my ex refusing to pay maintenance through cms and has zero contact with them. the exs mother died and left both girls money in trust. can i claim against estate to cover the cost of the girls upbringing as maintenance? 

This topic was modified 9 months ago 2 times by maximus
Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2023 3:41 pm
Illustrious Member


If ex received the money directly as inheritance, then it would be clear cut and you could likely claim.  Not sure about this scenario. You can contact CMS and see if it's possible to claim. I recommend you seek legal advice from someone who specializes in this area.


Posted : 06/09/2023 11:54 pm

Pin It on Pinterest