TOPIC: Internal Relocation Cases - Case Law

Internal Relocation Cases - Case Law 2 months 10 hours ago #98339

• Hubs
  • Hubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all,

I have successfully completed a long court case (took 2 years) of a child relocation case.

Mother moved my son about 300 miles away from me, and I thought it would be useful to quote case law and other material that was used to successful relocate my child back within 5 miles of me!

It can be done, but is expensive and takes time. You also need a good barrister who understands case law rather than a pure LIP, use the direct access barrister website to find one or private message me for suggestions.

Useful case law used in my case:

Re C (Internal Relocation) [2015] EWCA Civ 1305, [2016] Fam 253

Internal Relocation: Appeal) [2016] EWCA Civ 1016, [2017] 2 FLR 921 (“Re R”)

Re F (International Relocation: Welfare Analysis) [2015] EWCA Civ 882, [2017] 1 FLR 979

The overiding factor in the cases is that the focus must be on what’s best for the child as per welfare checklist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: actd, dad-i-d, Mojo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Internal Relocation Cases - Case Law 1 month 4 weeks ago #98357

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1585
Thank you for this - this is quite an achievement, and pretty rare, so the help you have given here is really appreciated

Internal Relocation Cases - Case Law 1 month 2 weeks ago #98565

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1717
I can’t believe I missed this! What a result... well done to you Hubs, a very impressive result!

I’ve put this in our new success stories thread which is pinned at the top of the legal eagle section. It really helps the guys here to see that there is hope, and good outcomes are possible.

Thanks for sharing, all the best.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes