Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Can she force this through?

Eminent Member Registered

Hope someone with similar experience can help here. I live over an hour away from my daughter. My ex is going on holiday and wants me to do the school runs that week, which means breakfast/school clubs not too mention petrol expenses, and hardly fair on my daughter who is 7, having to travel that long. Not being tight, but we know how much everything costs at the mo! And going forward she wants to enforce more mid week for me, which isn't really feasible due to work and distance. Before this i was every other weekend. Can she enforce this through her solicitor?

Topic starter Posted : 10/05/2022 11:49 pm
Famed Member


I doubt she can enforce you to spend more time with child. if you were to get a court order for child arrangements, these are generally based on the availability of the non-resident parent. for example you could seek half of the school holidays and have that in the order, but if your not available to have child in 1 or 2 of those weeks, then theres no penalty, your just not available. would suggest to not be threatened by ex if their sending you letters from solicitor. maybe you could ask her to arrange childcare with a family member perhaps.

Posted : 11/05/2022 9:57 am

how contact centres work

Reputable Member

Where is your daughter staying while your ex is on holiday?  Has she asked that she stays with you?  If so, could she have her holiday during school holidays so your daughter can stay with you at half-term perhaps?

Posted : 12/05/2022 10:02 pm

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest