DAD.info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
child 100 miles awa...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] child 100 miles away, overnight contact?

(@brokendad)
Reputable Member Registered

I was wondering if anyone who has navigated the court process to get overnight weekends can give me any info so I can determine any precedent?

My job allows quite easily for me to pick my child up straight from school on a Friday and return on Sunday at a reasonable time, early to late afternoon.

Has anyone of a similar distance apart been granted 2 weekends out of 4 in similar circumstances to me? I have got a contact order for residential contact in the interim but not quite with that regularity and im seeking it again soon.

cheers

Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2014 1:32 am
(@1626)
Noble Member Registered

Hey BD

That's exactly what my partner got in his hearing yesterday with a similar distance between the homes. They have been ordered to share the travel which is a bonus, although they can't share the travel on Fridays due to the mother's work schedule so the judge said, if you want to collect from school, you take care of that. Any other handovers are to be shared equally.

🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2014 10:49 am
Badgerdom and Badgerdom reacted

how contact centres work

(@Badgerdom)
Estimable Member Registered

Brokendad,

My kids are around 75 miles away. So far we have secured one overnight per month, looking to increase to fortnightly at the next hearing.
I believe it could be seen as in the interests of the children to limit their commute by awarding overnight stays, though in our case this was a natural progression rather than a requirement...

That being said, distance must surely come into it somewhere along the line?
I do all of the transport as the ex doesn't drive, and her partner works silly hours (she has initially offered for him to transport, and then collared me last minute for a 300 mile run! - there and back twice)

I had suggested collecting the children from school on Fridays, but the Judge dismissed it "in case of traffic having an impact".
- Might have to look at that again too, seeing as 1626 has had some success in this area though 😉

BD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2014 4:02 pm
(@1626)
Noble Member Registered

Hey BD, if you want any of our statement suggestions or cross examination points on the distance and travel issues, drop me a pm. All judges are different in their opinions but there might be something of use to you.

Take care 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2014 4:05 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

Viv
(@Viv)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi BD,

My ex lived 30 miles away and I would see my children every other weekend. I would pick them up and drop them back every time.

She then moved 120 miles away, I took her to court to try and stop this but she had already gone before the court date. I did however secure better contact rights, I now have them 3 of the 6 weeks holiday and every other half term, and the cherry on the top was my ex has to bring them to me and pick them up from me every other time I have them, ie we take it in turns.

I represented myself and it couldn't have gone better.

Good luck hope this info works.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2014 3:11 pm
actd and actd reacted

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest