Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Help needed- non mo...
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Help needed- non molestation order

Active Member Registered

my wife has for a non molestation order against me. 

Ive got a court date but due to it being weekend and bank holiday I don’t know what I need to take with me. 
Im going to appeal as I don’t agree to it, it’s all lies, she even contradicts herself in her in own writing multiple times. 

What do I need to take with me? Do I give my own evidence on/ can I take my own evidence with me?

once I’ve disagreed with her statement do I have to go back to court afterwards on a later date?

My head is a mess I can’t think straight, I’ve never been to court and I don’t know what to expect 
Any help would be grateful  

Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2023 2:10 pm
Illustrious Member


You can take a brief 2 page position statement, explaining the situation and whether the non mol should be granted or not.

At hearing judge will give you option to accept non mol or to contest it if you disagree.

Posted : 29/05/2023 11:09 am

how contact centres work

New Member Registered

What is the hearing that you're going to, and what date/how far away is it?

Posted : 30/05/2023 11:28 am
Jeffco6 reacted
Estimable Member Registered

If you contest it, they will more than likely give you another date to come back and go through all of the statements and evidence etc. I wish I had contested mine after what I went through, but I accepted it on a non admissions basis so nothing was proven, this was just so I could speed up the process to see my children

Posted : 31/05/2023 12:40 pm
Jeffco6 and Bill337 reacted

Active Member Registered

@justaminute it was applied for end of last week and the hearing was at the start of this week. It was to make sure there wasn’t any immediate danger, which was ruled out. So another one has been scheduled and solicitors will be attending as well.

Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2023 12:32 pm
Honorable Member

I presume she has got legal aid for this?  You don't need a solicitor as you can self represent.  Did you attend this week?  If there is to be a hearing, the court usually restricts the allegations to about 5 and asks for them to be put in the format of a Scott schedule.  You can offer to accept undertakings if you don't want to go through the process.  There are helpful guides on the website.  It would be helpful to know what stage you are at

Posted : 02/06/2023 6:52 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest