Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all


New Member Registered

Hi all,

My first post on here so hope it is in the right place. 

I have recently found myself going through a separation which is now leading to divorce. We have been here before but managed to work through things temporarily.

My wife suffers with her MH and has recently made a false allegation of emotional abuse in a clear attempt to get me to move out of the family home. Nothing short of blackmail in my view.This hasn't gone anywhere formally but it has been discussed with her side of the family. Since the allegation apologiesnhave been made, I have discussed it with all parties invovled and they have stated it was a knee jerk reaction to seeing her so upset and in a state of panic. They state they see no need to take it further, however, the fact it was even considered has blown my mind and I do not trust that it won't be used again. 

My question is, is there a way that I can formally log this false allegation to protect myself long term without any immediate action? 

I hope that we can maintain a level of civility during this difficult time but I also hear horror stories of false allegations resulting in forceful removal etc.

I do have evidence to support my side of things.  

Any and all advice would be welcome. 


Topic starter Posted : 04/06/2022 10:20 pm
Famed Member


I recently spoke to a dad who is in process of separation/divorce.  He is still living in same house with his wife. he tries to stay away from her. he keeps a cctv camera/phone camera handy to protect himself. also keeps a log/diary of any incidents. But the risk of allegations and problems will remain as long as your both living in the same house. do you have children? 

Posted : 05/06/2022 9:15 am
New Member Registered

@bill337 Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes, we have a child who is 3. I have kept a diary of conversations and I have exported messages etc. Which I can use as evidence should it come to it. 

I am trying to keep contact minimal and discussions we have when little on is asleep only revolve around next steps & our child. 

My aim is to get in front of it so that the power that be (whoever that is is this context) are aware. 

Thanks again 

Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2022 2:07 pm
Illustrious Member

I would have a chat with a family lawyer - it may be possible that something like a sworn affadivit would cover what you were after, but certainly probably worth paying for an hour of legal advice to cover yourself.

Posted : 23/06/2022 4:12 pm

Pin It on Pinterest