Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] Can I apply for a child arrangement order after divorce?

New Member Registered

I coparent with my child’s mother, we’ve had this arrangement in place for over a yea along with our separation agreement.

We have agreed to divorce based on these arrangements. However, now that the divorce process has started, my ex has started to make things difficult with regards to calling my child when not with me. 

Child’s mother herself is spending less time with our child, using grandparents for babysitting and not putting our child first. This is really been prevalent in the last month. Our child is heart broken and believes mum is putting friends before him- 6 years old and breaking his heart!

At this time our mutually agreed divorce has started and will provided us both with 50-50 care of our child. 

Should mother continue to spend less time with our child and not put him first post divorce, can I apply for a Child arrangement order? 

I intend to raise these issues with mum and I’m really hoping this is just a blip this month. If I have to put a halt to the divorce proceedings then so be it however, if I can do it post divorce then I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. We both want divorced and to be able to move on with our lives.

Any advice welcomed,


Jackie McDonald

Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2022 7:05 pm
Famed Member


found this info on a law site: A Child Arrangements Order makes childcare plans after separation or divorce legally binding, and is usually only necessary if one parent is not cooperating or does not agree with the division of care. Ideally, parents should reach an amicable agreement without the need for an application to the court.

Posted : 15/02/2022 10:10 pm
JackieMac and JackieMac reacted
Reputable Member

There are a couple of things which might be of practical help.  Fegans have a free post separation course for parents:

There is also an app called Our Family Wizard which is a co-parenting communication app

I hope you manage to sort this out soon for the sake of your child

Posted : 17/02/2022 9:33 am
JackieMac and JackieMac reacted

Pin It on Pinterest