Clear all

[Solved] Appealing CSA Decisions

Page 1 / 4

actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

Hi Stevie-F

Thank you your post. I am William the Child Maintenance Options consultant. You have mentioned that you had a case with the Child Support Agency (CSA). However, you have found out that your daughter is doing advance education and informed the CSA of the present circumstances. You would like to know if you could appeal against their decision of not reimbursing you for the ten months you already paid for.

In regards to where you stand on your current situation you may wish to look at this link https://www.gov.uk/complain-child-support-agency to see if there is any further advice or guidance you can receive. If you would like information about how to appeal to against the CSA decision, you may wish to look at this link https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/appeal-a-decision.

I hope this helps.

William

Some useful information there - thanks

Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2013 9:49 pm
(@joe1957)
New Member Registered

Hello I'm new in this forum.

I'm a yank and my case involves the Remo agency in the uk. Has anyone had any experience with this agency

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2013 1:05 am
Mojo
 Mojo
(@Mojo)
Illustrious Member Registered

Could you tell us what the Remo stands for?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2013 11:23 pm
actd
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

You're going to kick yourself for that question Mojo 🙂

The Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order ( REMO ) - it's the part of government which assists in getting maintenance paid internationally.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/11/2013 1:50 am
(@Nigel2476)
New Member Registered

I have a daughter who is living at home with her boyfriend, they have a child together. My daughters boyfriend is working, they all living with my ex wife. As ex wife is claiming benefits for my daughter and grandson, my daughter is 17 years old and in a two year college course. Should i have to pay maintenance ? Any one help me please ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2014 10:26 pm
Huxley
(@Huxley)
Reputable Member Registered

I think you do as your ex wife is claiming on behalf of your daughter

If your daughter was claiming in her own right then you wouldn't

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2014 11:27 pm
(@Nigel2476)
New Member Registered

What about her boyfriend living there, as he works ??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2014 12:00 am
Huxley
(@Huxley)
Reputable Member Registered

That's irrelevant in CSA circumstances

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2014 12:39 am
(@Nigel2476)
New Member Registered

OK thanks for your help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2014 11:25 am
(@Antoinemcox)
New Member Registered

Firstly, I am one of the lucky parents who receives CSA and am aware there are plenty of parents who receive nothing for their children. I dont want to appear greedy however I will appeal the CSA because I think their decision is unfair on my children.

My ex is married with 1 SD. Both him and his wife earn over 45K a year, each!! So they have a joint income of 90K with 1 child. CSA will only use ex income for assesment (fair enough, dont expect step mum to pay). On the basis of 45K they have acessed him to pay approx £105 per wk (woo, yes I am very happy). Ex is asking to pay a reduced amount of CSA due to SD having a disibility, this will reduce payments to £90. I cant change the SD illness, why should my children miss out because of it. Her parents are hardly short of money, I dont think £15 will make that much difference her/them?

I would appreciate any advice/guidence on appealling a CSA decision, how long will the CSA take to come to a decision, what is the process? Will I anyone in the CSA give me support or guidence?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2015 1:50 pm
(@Defrauded)
New Member Registered

Hi having read your story I felt compelled to share my experience with you.

I went to the HM Courts and Tribunal as I felt the legitimacy, length of payment term, amount of monthly payments and payment method to be wrong.

It was a long drawn out process with the CMS annoyingly sharing my bank and wage details with my ex partner.

The tribunal agreed with the content in my appeal and forwarded their decision to the CMS.

However, be prepared for a long wait as this was 5 months ago with the CMS unable to refund any money or respond to any complaints made about their service to date.

My next legal step is to take my case to the Independent Complaints Examiners office, however I have to wait 6 months from the initial tribunal result before I can do this.

My advice is to hang in there as it is clear that the Child Maintenance Service just want to intimidate us and ignore us when it suits them hoping we will go away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 5:37 pm
Mojo
 Mojo
(@Mojo)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thanks for sharing, I would absolutely agree that anyone that is in the right should stick at it and not be put off or intimidated.

Best of luck in your next step.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2018 3:36 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest