Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Notifications
Clear all

50:50????

(@gooddadsexist)
New Member Registered

Hi all,

I’d like to know what constitutes as 50:50 care. 

I have 3 kids (11, 8 and 4)

I have them stay over at mine 1 night a week on a week night (I’m only in a one bedroom flat)

Over the weekend I have them from 10-7(ish) on one of the days.

mon-fri I pick them up and take them to school 3-4 mornings (in addition to the morning after they have stayed at mine.

mon-fri I pick them up from the childminder at 5pm and have them until 7:30pm, in this time I give them their tea and make sure homework etc is done. This happens 3-4 times a week in addition to the night they stay at mine.

I pay for haircuts, clothes, uniform, shoes, school trips and any stationary or bits needed.

My ex knows that csa would hit me hard and uses it as a stick to beat me with whenever I say no to more evenings or longer hours.

the kids need a routine and being passed from pillar to post isn’t good for them, I don’t know what to do or what my options are.

any help is hugely appreciated,

thanks

Topic starter Posted : 22/03/2022 10:18 am
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

with 50/50 care both parents would be having equal day to care of the children, as well as overnight stays. so typically 3-4 nights a week. would you like the kids to stay over more? you could try mediation with your ex. if that fails then there is option to apply for a child arrangements court order.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2022 11:24 am
(@gooddadsexist)
New Member Registered

I would like to have the kids more but it just isn’t possible where I am at the minute, I left the house with just my clothes and have had to start from scratch.

I don’t think my ex would have an issue with the kids living with me to be honest, I just don’t have the room.

moving into a bigger property is next to impossible to sue affordability and availability. I’m trying to save but because I’m having the kids so much, feeding them and clothing them while she gets the benefits because that’s where they sleep just doesn’t seem fair. 

if I got a place big enough for 50:50 could she still claim csa?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/03/2022 1:37 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

@gooddadsexist if your able to have 50/50 equal day-day care, then you don't pay child maintenance. according to CMS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2022 4:17 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest