Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Additional to stick...

Notifications
Clear all

Additional to sticky. Variations 2024 CM NI

(@mikmikmikmik)
Active Member Registered

CM Northern Ireland cannot tell me the exact details for the various variations and suggested I talk to a family lawyer. Exact details not on website either, just bullet points. How the heck can anyone determine any variations if the details are not available to look up? 
Anyone got these details. They may be slightly or more different than CM GB.
Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2024 3:15 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi, are you u referring to variation for special expenses?

they seem identical to UK CMS:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/other-financial-commitments-child-maintenance-cases#:~:text=These%20are%20called%2 0'special%20expenses,or%20a%20long%2Dterm%20illness

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2024 11:35 am
(@mikmikmikmik)
Active Member Registered

@bill337 there is a variation for "property". What does this mean?

They apply 8% as the interest calculated on assets to give extra CM to the PWC.  Who the [censored] gets 8% interest, I'd like to invest in whatever gives that return.

Thanks.

This post was modified 2 months ago by mikmikmikmik
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2024 12:32 am
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

ok, that is their rules on asset variation, notional income. info here:

'notional income from assets' - this is income that we can work out the paying parent could get based on certain types of assets that they own if the asset's total value is £31,250 or more.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/child-maintenance-how-receiving-parents-can-ask-us-to-consider-other-income-factsheet/variations-explained-a-guide-for-receiving-parents#:~:text ='notional%20income%20from%20assets'%20%2D,is%20%C2%A331%2C250%20or%20more

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2024 5:52 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest