Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Unpaid child mainte...

Notifications
Clear all

Unpaid child maintence from 2015 - now.

(@desertedinlaos)
New Member Registered

My ex-wife walked out on me any our (then) 5 year old daughter in 2014. She hasnt paid a penny since that date and just says "she isnt living with me, I'm not paying". All this unfolded when I was working overseas in Laos. We eventually got back to the UK in 2022 after Covid had closed the borders. I just wonder if I can claim anything back from this period in time. My ex-wife is now living with her 'husband' and they have a baby boy. My issue here is, we are not divorced, so technically, although she lives in France, she is still married to me and has broken the law there too. I have contacted a company of legal aid solicitors but I havent heard back yet so any thought? TIA

Topic starter Posted : 28/12/2022 3:57 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

Did you open a claim  with Child maintenance service? If so you could contact them and ask them to take action. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2022 7:00 pm
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

I would definitely speak to Child Maintenance Options - you won't be able to claim any back-dated maintenance as they only claim from the date the case is opened. There is, unfortunately, another issue from what you have said, and that sounds like she may not have any income at all, and if that's the case, then she would not be liable for any maintenance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/01/2023 3:38 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest