Free online course for separated parents
C100 PROHIBITED STE...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] C100 PROHIBITED STEPS

(@Bloggs1974)
Active Member Registered

Good Morning

I am going to apply for a prohibited steps order owing to emotional & verbal abuse suffered by my 2 children aged 7 and 14.

The family court said I could call them and go for an emergency hearing or wait the standard time 4-6 weeks.

I was not 100% sure if I ask for an emergency hearing do I need to fill out the C1A form ( I have done this in case ).

My mediator has stamped the form to say I attended mediation.

Thanks

Jim

Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2020 1:29 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

if you think the abuse is very bad, then apply for emergency hearing. court process is so drawn out. could take up to 4-6 months if theres no serious issues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 6:15 pm
(@Bloggs1974)
Active Member Registered

Excellent advice thanks I have now instructed a solicitor to send the document to proofread it as such. It's on the emergency basis and I am aware over time the Judge may request notes from Social services and the police.

Jamie

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 7:16 pm
(@warwickshire1)
Prominent Member Registered

Be careful before using a solicitor and you got to be absolutely sure the threshold has been breached for emotional abuse to your children. it could be a very expensive process . are police and social services involved already

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2020 3:07 pm
(@Bloggs1974)
Active Member Registered

Yes, the police 2 weeks ago told my ex-wife's partner to leave the property where they live. He has kept away from them so far the verbal and emotional abuse is factual and very evident. Voice recordings and SMS and emails. My ex acknowledges the verbal abuse but says he does not mean it and such like. Social services are involved as are the school using the CARA system.

The 20th is the date for the first prohibited steps meeting.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2020 2:15 pm
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest