Dad dot info form. Ask questions, get answers
Clear all

[Solved] Social care sexist?

Active Member Registered

I am having a few nightmares recently, and I am really concerned for my childs safety.

Backstory, my childs mother accused me of hurting out child and refused for me to see them. The social care team investigated it, and whilst the investigation was being carried out I started an access application with the courts.
When the report came back it cleared me of any wrong doing, but the report itself did seem quite biased against me in how it was worded.
There is also a report in their from my childs headteacher which states that he told them his mother had hurt him (much worse than what I was accused of), and the headteacher said she would need to report this to social care. However, on the timeline this report was never shown. And has since not been investigated at all. I have asked multiple times why not and have just been ignored.

Recently my child called me very upset, telling me mother had hurt him. I took a screenshot of the cut, listened to him and calmed him down. He told me his mother told him he cannot tell anyone what happened or all her kids will be taken away (she has more with now husband). He told me I need to tell someone what happened and he is scared.
I contacted social worker who is doing the final part of the ongoing court assessment and explained all that had happened, and got a reply telling me just to talk to mother.
What I don't understand is why when something was accused of me they instantly jumped all over it and investigated me? And why will they not look into mothers behaviour regardless of how many times I contact them and ask for answers regarding previous assessment, or report new incidents they just ignore me.

Are they just that sexist towards males? What am I missing here. I cannot understand this at all.

Topic starter Posted : 23/07/2019 7:47 pm
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi there

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time of it, it’s understandable that you want to do all that you can to protect your child.

How old is your child? If you’re not happy with the response from the Social Worker, you can ask to speak to their manager about your concerns. You can also call the NSPCC helpline and speak to them.

It might be worth speaking to the school too, they’re aware of the background and may be able to at least offer your child some extra support.

If your child is injured again, I would seriously consider keeping hold of your child, reporting the assault to the police and making an urgent, no notice application using form C2 (making a new application within existing proceedings).

Best of luck

Posted : 24/07/2019 2:31 am
Active Member Registered

Child is 9.

I tried to talk to the social worker manager, and they either never return my calls. Or ignore my emails.

The last email I sent the manager was asking how I can complain about how this has all been handled and it was ignored.

Topic starter Posted : 26/07/2019 2:37 pm
Famed Member


you should write to your local MP/councillor. they should be able to help you with this.

Posted : 27/07/2019 2:15 am

Pin It on Pinterest