Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] I am lost please help.

New Member Registered

So I've been separated for more then 8 months now. And now all of the sudden she started to demanding way more money that I can pay for him. 300 quid a month. Demanding me to buy him new laptop, to pay for renovation of his room.
I just don't feel that this is right. I am having my son every weekend because finally i got a house and bed for him to stay. But when I started to refuse pay that amounts of money her boyfriend started to text me threating texts, to pay up the money that she asks. Accusing me of mental bullying her and my son and that they would go to courth with me, and I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I don't have any options anymore. Any advice on this situation would be good. Thank you.

Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2020 11:37 pm
Famed Member


what i would advise is contact Child maintenance service - 0800 171 2345

pay £20 to register with them, and let them work out how much you have to pay. that way you only pay what CMS tell you to pay and nothing more.

Posted : 24/01/2020 11:50 pm
Illustrious Member

I would ask your ex (in writing/text) to stop her boyfriend from texting you, and if that doesn't work, speak to the local police about the text messages - if he's threatening you, then they need to have a word.

Posted : 28/01/2020 5:02 pm
Trusted Member Registered

Do you have a court order in place that stipulates when your child should be in your care? If not, you need to get your arrangement formalised otherwise, it could lead to endless issues in the future.

As mentioned by Bill337, get a case open with CMS and pay what they suggest you need to.

Posted : 28/01/2020 5:22 pm

Pin It on Pinterest