Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Advice on variation of court order or file for prohibited steps order

New Member Registered

Hi, I regained access to my children at the end of last year after taking my ex to court without any legal assistance.

Last week I received a text from one of my daughters who is 12 informing me that her mothers partner had punched her and slapped her hard on the face.

I have spoken to a solicitor regarding the matter and was advised to report it to the police and social services which I have done (I would have done anyway but wanted advice before I did anything)

It was reported today so no news or backlash yet!

I don't want to be in a forced into a situation where I have to be in front of him when I collect my children as it will not be a good idea and would potentially instigate a violent altercation. 

I want it to be ordered that he isn't there when I am.

The solicitor advised to get a prohibited steps order but after looking into it it seems like a whole new court battle and I just can't go through all of that again. I think the solicitor wanted business from me lol and advised me to take the long and expensive route...

Has anybody got any advice on what to do for a quick and easy result so to speak? I'm not asking for the world I just don't want to be put in a situation that could potentially be detrimental to my seeing my children. 

Thanks for any help anyone can offer me 

This topic was modified 3 months ago by B2k78
Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2022 11:27 pm
New Member Registered

I should also add that my children live in Wales and it was made illegal to hit a child for any reason in March this year 

Topic starter Posted : 24/08/2022 11:45 pm

how contact centres work

Famed Member


I would agree that going back to court would be lengthy and stressful. better to avoid. In meantime you can wait to hear what social services think about situation. do you visit your ex's home to pick up child? perhaps you can video record these handovers discreetly and if there is any trouble, can let them know they are being recorded.

Posted : 25/08/2022 1:17 pm
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that. It must be very worrying.  Can you wait in the car when you get to her house and she can come out to you?

Posted : 25/08/2022 4:11 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest