Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

C100 help

(@aqsw1223)
Active Member Registered

I've filed my c100 with the court online. 

I've today had papers saying "the application is listed for a gatekeeping appointment on 12th July. No party attends this hearing as the appointment is held in the absence of the parties".

Help! I thought this would be the first hearing where I was able to request interim contact? Is this normal? 

Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2021 4:38 pm
(@fer17)
Estimable Member Registered

This is usually an internal meeting for them to review the case and which judge is to be placed on it. It can sometimes be a long process, it is frustrating  to have to wait. Are you able to contact your ex or family member to request some sort of contact, even a video call or contact centre? If she has a solicitor, try reaching out to them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2021 11:55 am
aqsw1223 and aqsw1223 reacted

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@aqsw1223)
Active Member Registered
Posted by: @fer17

This is usually an internal meeting for them to review the case and which judge is to be placed on it. It can sometimes be a long process, it is frustrating  to have to wait. Are you able to contact your ex or family member to request some sort of contact, even a video call or contact centre? If she has a solicitor, try reaching out to them. 

OK thank you. From what I'd read I thought it was 4-6 weeks for my first hearing where I could ask for interim contact. 

Ex is ignoring all communications from me at present, so no luck there.

Does me receiving this mean my ex will also have received the same? Unsure if she has a solicitor or not - I'm not aware of one. 

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2021 12:02 pm
(@fer17)
Estimable Member Registered

Yes, if you included her address details, she will be informed too. Usually it can take 4-6 weeks after you make the payment to process the forms. But I would imagine due to covid things are being held up and they are probably still playing catch up. 

If she is ignoring you, it is best just to leave it (I know its difficult) but you can run the risk of her claiming harassment and she can try and make the situation worse for you.  If you know her parents address, maybe send the kids a letter they can pass on and read to them?

Whenever your first hearing is, just try and get any sort of contact you can as things are not always sorted on the first hearing. no doubt you child is missing you too and they will want to see you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2021 3:18 pm
aqsw1223 and aqsw1223 reacted

how contact centres work

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest