Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Ex not sending pape...
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Ex not sending paperwork as court directed for FHDRA therefore forcing me to seek adjournment

New Member Registered


background is: I asked my ex for my child to be able to stay over - she refuses. I invoke mediation - she doesn't budge, in fact chokes off my access.

So I apply C100 to Family court. So she applies C100 with an added C1A (allegations of my abuse (lies and distortions)).

So, she changes solicitor and the new one says there's more to come but because they've only just been engaged they need time.  I point out my ex has had months (years if you think about it!) to get it together. My solicitor conveys this in legalise. Their side just doesn't respond or send the paperwork. So, my solicitor says we are running out of time ' it would be incredibly tight to get everything prepared in time and I would not want to prejudice your case in that way.'

So, my question is: Why isn't the other side bound by law to send the paperwork in a timely manner -where is the sanction?

Why am I expected to pay my solicitor to light a fuse under their slack behinds and spend my money on asking for an adjournment I don't want?

Who can I contact in the court to point out my ex is gaming the system?

All thoughts gratefully recieved

Topic starter Posted : 25/04/2023 8:51 pm
Illustrious Member


I would of thought that since you made the c100 application first, yours would take priority. Court gives date and you turn up with a position statement. Think was not good idea to adjourn. Some solicitors are good at stalling and prolonging the proceedings.  Their judgement is clouded by money. I have self represented over past few years, found it easier.

Posted : 25/04/2023 9:20 pm

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest