Filed c100 - what n...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Filed c100 - what next?!

Page 2 / 2

(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

@dannyk hi. Most likely cafcass have contacted you because they want to arrange a date/time to have a phone call with you to discuss the situation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2022 8:19 pm
(@dannyk)
Trusted Member Registered

OK, so nothing happened for ages and then this week it's all go..

CAFCASS wrote to say my telephone appointment will be on Sep 29th, and the court wrote to say the First Directions hearing will be on Oct 12th.

Also, I got an email from my ex's solicitor to say she'd been instructed. I haven't replied to the solicitor, but I did email (politely) my ex to ask if that meant we were no longer going to mediate (we've had one session, in which we agreed to trial an overnight next month).. Hopefully I can't be accused of moelstation or harassment for asking a simple question?

Of course I got sent a copy of the C7 too, and just wondering what this means;

Q8. Do you intend to apply to the court for an order?

She's ticked 'YES'. I thought it was ME applying for the order? Can anyone tell me what this could mean?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2022 2:18 am

(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

you can not be accused of harassment if your only making contact with her solicitor.  You can ignore the c7 form. treat it as optional. the mother would have received a form, asking her if she opposes the order your applying for. and she can oppose and apply for counter order. Would suggest now to focus on your phone call with cafcass. have a look at these tips:

http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/flapp/tipsmeetingcafcass.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2022 11:58 am
(@harveybdac)
Eminent Member Registered

@dannyk Keep an eye on your emails , CAFCASS probably got you to set up a secure account via EGRESS , check spam and junk folders too. 

You and mum will each get a telephone call from CAFCASS next for your initial safeguarding telephone interview ( nothing to worry about just a chat ) - CAFCASS will write a brief report and summary of that call and the initial background check results and you and mum and the court should all receive a copy of that report before your first hearing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2022 1:43 pm

how contact centres work

(@dannyk)
Trusted Member Registered

Thanks guys - but does anyone know what it means when the ex ticks 'YES" to;

Q8. Do you intend to apply to the court for an order?

On her C7 form?!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/08/2022 11:59 pm
(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

@dannyk this usually means she opposes the order your applying for, but same time she wants court to issue an order that she is seeking, maybe to limit your time with kids. you will find out when she does position statement. if theres no safeguarding issues it's likely court will give you access/more time with kids.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2022 9:11 am

top tips to support your child after breakup

Page 2 / 2

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest