Quick advice on covid rules please
I just need some quick advice please.
My 10-year-old son was with me yesterday overnight and went in to school this morning. A couple of hours later, school was informed by his mother that she had tested positive for covid and was feeling unwell, and he was immediately sent off to her home. I'm far from happy with this as he has underlying respiratory issues, and it would have made far more sense if he'd been sent home to me to minimise the chances of him becoming infected, if he'd not been at that point in time.
I've subsequently had a text from the mother saying they will both have to self isolate for 10 days, which significantly cuts into the first part of the school holidays when he is scheduled to be with me under the terms of a long established Court Order. He has had a test done today - both me and his school are waiting to hear of the results. I've been double-jabbed, and I'm prepared to take the risks, as well as the responsibility of also self-isolating whatever the test results are, rather than missing out on contact with my son.
What I would like clarity on is what are the guidelines for this situation? I've googled it and there's a lot of information out there, I'm just not clear which is the most current one.
Pointers and advice appreciated.
this has happened to me a few times over past year. kids tested positive while staying with mum, or their family members testing positive. so I had to wait for 10 days quarantine period to end. I was discussing this stuff in courts and they suspended the court order as childs health/welfare takes priority.
It is difficult, if he is showing no symptoms and provides a negative test, I would look at the option of still having hm but isolating with you and not leaving the house? The impact covid has had on kids and schools has just made a complete mess of everything. It is really frustrating.
He's showing no symptoms and has tested negative. I'm fully prepared to self isolate with him. His mother is insisting he should self isolate with her despite her having covid and him having asthma. No discussion whatsoever has been entered into, just the usual telling me what she's decided. I don't think I can leave this unchallenged. I'd understand her stance if I was the one with covid, as I'd agree in that scenario that it would minimise the risk to him, nut this is not the case.