Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
seeking to rebuild ...
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

seeking to rebuild father child relationship post PTSD and single parent mother manipulation

Eminent Member Registered

Hi, Need some legal perspective and advice.

Divorce agreement - mother full custody, Father unrestricted visit rights.

father- Indian and in India

Divorce - in Indian court

mother and child - in the UK since living since birth

situation since 2014

Mother is a narcissistic abuser, covert manipulator and total opportunist. she has been manipulating my relationship with my son. Blocking me from even communicating with me at all.


i am planning to show up in the UK and knock on her door asking to meet my son. it's the only way.

i love some advice on legally where I stand and how I get my visit right without her creating this classic manipulative drama. 

Do i need to register my divorce with the council police in advance?

I cannot afford a lawyer, do I have to have a lawyer on standby?

Are there any organisations that help fathers to reach their children?

are there any organisations I can reach out to from India that are based in Uk that deal with Father-child separation across borders? 

I will appreciate any advise. I want to come to the UK soon to make contact with my son. 




Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2023 4:30 am
Illustrious Member


I suggest you do not knock on her door. She may call police and have you arrested. she might get a restraining order placed on you. This will make things very difficult for you to see child. there is option to apply for a child's arrangement order through family courts. with good guidance, It can be done without lawyers.

Posted : 18/04/2023 10:24 pm

how contact centres work

Honorable Member

There are two organisations which might offer advice.  Families need Fathers, and Fathers 4 Justice

There are also guides on dealing with the courts and representing yourself on the advice website

Recommend you do this through the proper channels so you don't get accused of harassment or similar

Posted : 19/04/2023 10:06 am

Free online course for separated parents. Click here


Pin It on Pinterest