Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
2012 Silly Season h...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] 2012 Silly Season has started

(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

So getting a club like QPR into the Premier league is not good enough and poor Neil Warnock becomes the first victim of 2012!!!

What do the owners expect? They need to survive this season nothing else then move on next year!!

Look at Stoke and Wolves they are good examples of giving the manager a chance

Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2012 2:05 am
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

According to Warnock this is what they expected:

"When the new owners arrived, they told me my remit was to get to the new year with QPR outside the bottom three.

"We've not been in the bottom three all season. It is an understatement to say that I am very disappointed," he added.

So to be fair they are outside of the bottom 3, albeit by only a point. Neil then went on to say:

And they would have realised that, once we brought in the players I had identified, there would have been no problem securing a Premier League future.

"But no doubt the chairman has had a string of agents in touch telling them their man could do a better job.

So it sounds like he wanted to splash some cash to guarantee survival for another season in the top flight.

Though all that said only one point clear of relegation is a precarious place to be so I can understand why the board got nervous. If he were a couple more points clear, i think he may have survived.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2012 6:20 pm
(@daddyto4)
Reputable Member Registered

Talking of managers, I have some friends in interesting places who say Mr Redknapp will be quite lucky to stay out of prison let alone keep his job after his tax business goes to court!

Also, some people have been to prison for less that what John Terry said. Send him down, thats what I say.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2012 1:08 am
(@Brian Rowlands)
Active Member Registered

Football management has to be the most unstable job going. Sadly it's money that buys success these days and if you haven't got it you aint going to succeed. Look at Man City! I admire what Mr Rednap has done at Tottenham without the bottomless pit that City have and they are serious title contenders. They ran rings round my team the other night but I'm sure if someone threw a fat wad to the Moyes Miester then Everton would be the force they were back in the 80's glory days!

Managers deserve more than they get and the Warnock issue disgusts me. Then there's Chelsea who seem to renew managers more than their kits! David Moyes deserves to be in the record books for holding down his job for the last 10 years.

Bring back the old days I say!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2012 11:50 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

I agree - think that that Warnock was hard done by and decisions like that may backfire if QPR get relegated

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2012 1:46 am
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest