Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] EURO 2012

Page 1 / 3

(@daddyto4)
Reputable Member Registered

Okay guys, lets start the talk about the Euro's. We can talk manager, players, anything (except WAGS!).

So, who do you think will or should be the manager? I'll go for the obvious and say Harry. I think he'll do a very part time job until the end of the season and then take it on for the Euro's. I think he'll get the absolute best out of the players.

As for who'll be the captain, I have no clue but I'd like it to be Gerrard as I think he'll be the best leader on the pitch. Off the pitch though, he's a bit like cardboard.

Thoughts?

Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2012 1:30 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

I think it may be Harry - not sure if he will do it full time though but don't think they will find anyone else before the tournament.

As for captain I actually think it will be Scott Parker although I think long term it will be Rooney.

As for the teams prospects

We will all get very excited and we struggle to get out of the group needing to win the last game which we will do with an injury time winner. We will then have a week of euphoria and expectation only to be disappointed again.

Does that sound familiar?

I think Spain, Holland, Germany and one other will be the semi finalists - could it be England?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2012 1:43 am
(@jordan1993)
Eminent Member Registered

I think Harry will stay at Tottenham. It wuld be sad to see him leave as he has done so well with them and I think Chmpions League could be a goal for him next year.

But Harry would be best man for the job really 🙂

Or

Sir Alex Ferguson hes the best 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2012 1:44 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

No way to Ferguson

He would be a poor decision by the FA and he would never ever consider it as he is too comfortable at Man U and he knows he would ultimately be sacked if given the England job as it is an impossible job.

What about Roy Hodgson? it is looking more likely that Harry will not take it and Roy could be the man

I hope not!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2012 3:49 am
(@jordan1993)
Eminent Member Registered

Roy hodgson seems the best choice after harry. Where is Sam Alidice atm? I think he could do a good job maybe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2012 12:29 pm
(@daddyto4)

The longer they wait for Harry, the less likely I think he'll take it. Spurs have done terribly since it all kicked off. His mind is off the job now. I reckon they might take the safe option and give it to Stuart Pearce now.

If Ferguson was offered it, he'd turn it down anyway.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/03/2012 1:23 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Allardyce is at West Ham - and he would be worse than Hodgson!!

I think Spurs will say no - they fronted Chelski out over Modric and I think they will do it again

What about giving Stuart Pearce a go?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2012 11:32 pm
(@daddyto4)

Glenn Hoddle? Really? Please lets not step back 10 years.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/04/2012 1:37 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Yes I read that - he claimed his life is imcomplete!!

Never mind eh!!???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2012 12:57 am
 huck
(@huck)
Active Member Registered

I think HK has already got his eyes on the England job looking at Spurs' recent form. As for skipper-I would like to see Barry or Cahill, rather than Gerrard. Think Ian Holloway would be entertaining as England coach, and of course we would benefit from Ferguson , O Neill or Lennon...non- English but British and lots of know how between them... Looking forward to Euro 2012 as my son (Finn) will be three by then and more aware (only 1 in WC 2010..he wont remember it and perhaps just as well!) Best wishes HUCK

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2012 1:01 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

I wonder if there will be any surprises in the squad selection too!!

Oxlade-Chamberlain??
Grant Holt!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2012 12:04 am
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

The manager will be Harry - the FA have to wait till the end of the season or would be accused of screwing up Tottenham's league campaign (though they seem to be doing that without any help from the FA 👿 )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2012 5:36 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest