Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
London Olympics 201...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] London Olympics 2012

(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

OK we're now up to day six of the Olympics - are you enjoying ? Best moments of the games ?

Topic starter Posted : 02/08/2012 8:48 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

It has been incredible

The rowers winning the gold to start off the current gold rush was inspirational

As was the canoe slalom and the judo

Loving it so far

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2012 3:38 am
(@Darren)
Noble Member Registered

I have to say i'm not a sports fan at all and have been getting bored of hearing about all the olympics, it's a big thing granted, but there is no getting away from it.

That said The tv was on while I was having my lunch yesterday just as we won 2 golds and a silver it was impressive to see, I just wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2012 4:39 pm
 actd
(@actd)
Illustrious Member

Yep, I'm the same, but I'm getting sucked in ;;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2012 2:28 am
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

I have to say that last night (Saturday) was one of the greatest sporting nights of all time!!

Well done Jess Ennis, Greg Rutherford and Mo Farrah

Proud to be British

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2012 2:41 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

52 medals so far 25 gold what a fantastic games - can we win any more?

The boxers are looking good

What about that fantastic world record in the 800m - that guy was averaging 25 seconds for each 200 metres phenomenal!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2012 1:57 pm
(@daddyto4)
Reputable Member Registered

I've just watched the final BBC montage and it nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'm going to miss the Olympics. Not just because I like watching it but what its done to the country. There's a real 'feel-good' factor that its brought that may be lost soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2012 12:08 am
(@GaryH)
Active Member Registered

Spot on mate, Ive loved it, some negative stuff around but I dont care, I have loved it, and Im a bit sad to see the flame go out......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2012 4:01 am
(@Goonerplum)
Noble Member Registered

Agreed, I loved the Olympics and am very sorry that it is over.

I made me proud to be British - which is something we don't get to say all that often. I felt that it projected a positive image of the country worldwide and seemed to have a real feel good effect on the country.

Really looking forward to the Para-Olympics now - can believe there's a delay before it starts.

Gooner

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/08/2012 6:45 pm
(@GaryH)
Active Member Registered

Shame about some of the singing too, we have gone from great music and not so good at sport (in some international eyes) to now great at sport bad at music lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2012 8:18 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

There was a letter in one of the papers talking about now that the 17 days of sublime competition has ended we have to endure the 9 months of misery that is the football season.

I think these footballers need to take a long hard look at themselves - we are not interested in diving, swearing, racial abuse or cheating in general - time to grow up gentlemen!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2012 9:57 pm
(@Super Mario)
Noble Member Registered

Well nobody else has talked about it but is anyone else really enjoying the Paralympics?

Just how inspiring has it been

And I cheered for Elly Symmonds, David Weir and Jonny Peacock as loud as i did Mo Farrah

Well done all of you - amazing heroes and I hope you are all rewarded

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2012 12:05 am
Share:

Pin It on Pinterest