Dad dot info form. Ask questions, get answers
Clear all

Slightly complicated situation…

New Member Registered

Hello All,

I am new here. Happy New Year All.

Just wanted to find out if anyone else here has partners abroad (mine is EU based with pre settled status in the UK and we are unmarried with no joint assets) and to find out what the most suitable child access and support arrangements have worked for you? Does the child get registered in the country of birth and if so how are the child support payments arranged?
Many thanks and pleased to be here with a supportive group and I will offer and provide support whenever I can. 

Topic starter Posted : 09/01/2022 8:47 pm
Famed Member


far as am aware child should be registered in country of birth, and same for child maintenance. Is your partner open to having a private arrangement for maintenance? I think the child access arrangements will depend on your living situations. will child be living in UK, and also be travelling to and from partners home country?

Posted : 10/01/2022 12:36 pm
New Member Registered

@bill337 thanks for the clarification. Child will live in EU and most likely I will have to travel to and from UK to access child; this is yet to be determined as still quite early in pregnancy but am just trying to forecast and prepare. 
She has suggested for us to make private arrangements for maintenance. However if this is not possible then it looks like something called a REMO arrangement exists where there are enforced reciprocal arrangements between UK and country of residence for mum and child. 
Will just have to take it one step at a time and see how the situation evolves at this stage. While my preference would be to resolve the relationship struggles, unfortunately I do not get the sense that she is on the same page. 

Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2022 2:11 pm
Illustrious Member

I would check what the maintenance arrangements are for the country your child is resident in, if they are not favourable, then might be worth contact CMS and explaining the situation and ask if an order via CMS is then used if the child is abroad, and if so, you could open a  new case here. Might not be possible, but worth checking

Posted : 18/01/2022 8:20 pm

Pin It on Pinterest