C100 and C1A
I have just submitted my C100 and C1A for contact with my son and to be allowed to go to his school and to pick him up. I will share current timelines if anyone is interested as it progresses. Anyone else know timelines at the moment post Covid?
Brief: Never been in a relationship with sons mother. Within first year of moving in boyfriend suggested adoption order directly to son(around 9th birthday). They then applied for a bursary for a new school with falsified financials whilst telling me it was an academic scholarship. They claimed they earned just about enough to pay the rent(ie nonsense). And must have told the school I didn’t exist.
Under the impression it was scholarship I approved and increased maintenance. I was told I did not need to sign forms. I assumed all was Ok as I am on birth certificate, bank statement, passports and previous school records.
I have always had son 1 weekend a month minimum and his grandparents one weekend every two months.
Slander seems to be a big topic on this forum - any advice if they come with lies would be appreciated.
I would say that if you are aware of falsified documents, you either need to contact the school or the police - if you don't, then potentially you could be deemd to be part of the fraud. I would certainly get some professional advice on this, even citizens advice bureau should be able to advise further.
The school in question is a very high profile private boys school. They seem to have made no attempt to assess the financials and judged basis other criteria. Having shown multiple solicitors the responses from the school have been labelled ‘outrageous’ and ‘extraordinary’. But to take on legally would be an insurmountable task - they have silenced far worse.
as an update I still haven’t heard after sending C100 and C1A to take payment. How long should this take?
You can expect a 2-3 month wait till your first hearing. It may take place in February for example. They have a gatekeeping/vetting process in Beginning, where they decide if they accept the application or not. Give it a couple more days and hopefully you get a response.