Dad dot info
Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Clear all

[Solved] This is how I stopped Child Maintenance with 50/50 shared care

Page 4 / 4
Famed Member

@samaugier in short, if CMS have sent you a payment plan, they would expect you to pay. if you stop paying, then they can switch to collect any pay, then add on additional 20% enforcement charge. you could look at appealing the rejected mandatory reconsideration, by applying to tribunal. have 1 month to appeal the MR if they reject it. I have come across cases where CMS have arranged refunds for a paying parent, where they over-paid/wrongly paid.

you could also consider putting a complaint into their senior manager:  can also copy in your local MP to email.

Posted : 22/06/2022 1:00 pm
Active Member Registered

@itsme2022 Hi, I am more than happy to assist. my email is contact me directly and I will set up a call.

Kind regards,


Posted : 23/06/2022 12:50 pm
New Member Registered

@bill337 thanks very much - that's really useful info... 

Posted : 23/06/2022 4:00 pm
Page 4 / 4

Pin It on Pinterest