Free online course for separated parents
Forum - Ask questions. Get answers.
Free online course for separated parents
Grandparents protec...
Clear all

Grandparents protecting my ex

New Member Registered

My ex (we share a daughter) is an alcoholic. We’ve had a child protection order before and she is now drinking again (daughters school reported it to social services this time). I’m applying for a residency order but my ex’s father is wealthy and is instructing his lawyers on his daughters behalf as she is far too drunk; she has even told me as much via text. Given that the grandparents do not have any parental responsibility is it even permissible for the solicitors to pretend the instructions are coming from my ex rather than her father?

Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2023 5:24 pm
Illustrious Member

As long as your ex gives permission to her solicitor for her father to instruct, I don't see there is anything you can do in this respect I'm afraid

Posted : 29/05/2023 11:01 pm

Pin It on Pinterest